Businessman giving presentation to his Colleagues
When dealing with the audio visual needs for a business conference, consistency is key. High-quality sound and visuals need to reliably perform so you can emphasize your message and drill your points home to the audience. Not only can slips or glitches with technology be a distraction, but they can potentially throw off the momentum you have built up during the course of your presentation.
Audio Visual Equipment for Your Conference Room
When dealing with the audiovisual requirements of a conference, especially a video conference, certain technological needs must be met to ensure full clarity and communication.
Some kind of display screen is needed, whether for video conferencing, presentations, or referring to materials on a computer. The exact visual system that works is going to depend on scale. HDTV screens can work for smaller conferences, while the tried-and-true combination of a projector and screen works great for larger ones. Want more WOW? Think about a large widescreen blend or Hi Res LED Video Wall Technology. Consider the number of inputs you are likely to employ (computer, laptop, DVD, cameras, etc.) and make sure the display can be switched over easily.
Again, the method of audio you use will be dependent on scale. For small conference rooms, something that allows for clear audio from a computer or camera should be enough. For larger conferences, you may need to look at things such as microphones, speakers, and similar equipment.
Larger conferences can employ various technological systems strewn about the room and may be hard to keep track of, let alone coordinate. Control systems serve as a central point, allowing for intuitive direction of an otherwise complex setup.
Lighting should not be discounted, especially for larger conferences. Making sure everyone can see and focus correctly plays a big role in how well your audience can absorb the message. Lighting may not always take centre stage during conferences, but it should never be ignored entirely.
Your Conference Planning Checklist for Audio Visual Setups
When planning a large conference at locations like hotels or event halls, there is a lot to keep track of. Here's a quick checklist to go through and make sure you don't overlook anything when planning.
- Does the site have a specific supplier contract? If so, do they allow outside vendors?
- Is there an in-house electrical supplier available?
- What is the expected setup timeframe?
- Is there an accessible dock and elevator for moving heavy equipment?
- What is provided by the venue itself?
- What is the ceiling clearance?
- How soundproof are the walls/partitions?
- If you are setting up a projection screen, are there any spots where light sources could interfere?
- What elements of the room can/cannot be blocked by stands, stages, seating, etc.?
- Are there house lights, and if so, where are the controls?
- Any restrictions on stage lighting?
- Is an audio mixer or sound technician needed?
- Anyone need a teleprompter?
- Is an Internet connection needed?
Getting an Audio Visual Company in Toronto
bb Blanc is a full-service live-event company based in Toronto. We pride ourselves on "Creating Event Magic" through the use of the latest technology for audio visual display
and support. For more information on bb Blanc and the unique additions we can bring to your conference gatherings and presentations, feel free to contact us at 416.360.0440